Joseph J. Harding, III
President, formed Harding & Associates, Inc. in 1979 and has gradually expanded the scope of services the firm offers. His development experience includes site evaluation and acquisition, demographic analysis, budgeting, national and local tenant lease negotiations, as well as identification and analysis of properties for investors. He is a general partner in several real estate related partnerships.
Prior to the formation of Harding & Associates, Inc., Mr. Harding was affiliated with THALHIMER, in Richmond, Virginia, as a commercial broker. In addition to special projects where he assembled over 400 parcels for the Richmond Development and Housing Authority, he specialized in land development, retail and office leasing.
Mr. Harding received his B. S. degree from the University of Richmond, School of Business. He is a member of the National Association of Realtors and holds the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) degree. He is past president of both the Richmond Commercial Multiple Listing and the Richmond Real Estate Group. Harding & Associates, Inc. is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Substantial savings and benefits are available to prospective clients when they know what to look for and how to ask for it. Expensive details can often be overlooked in the negotiations process. Harding & Associates, Inc. is also knowledgeable in the development process and an added advantage at the bargaining table.
Many firms feel their real estate needs should be held in confidence. Harding & Associates will always act in a fiduciary capacity with our clients.
All of the preceding four benefits allow you and your company to make positive decisions and move forward in comfort knowing that Harding & Associates, Inc. is protecting your best interest.
Commercial Real Estate
- Broker for built-to-suit local bank ($500,000)
- Broker for apartment land sale ($225,000)
- Broker for land sale to Trammel Crow Company ($2,200,000)
- Broker/developer/partner for purchase and syndication of office building; negotiated new lease with national credit tenant ($500,000)
- Broker/developer for land sale, including zoning and engineering for 320 apartment units ($6,400,000)
- Partner in purchase of office building, subsequently syndicated and leased ($600,000)
- Partner in land sale to Oxford Development ($750,000)
- Partner in land assembly and development ($1,900,000)
- Broker/partner/developer for land development and sale to Crestar Bank ($460,000)
- Broker/partner/developer for land development and sale to McDonald’s ($700,000)
- Awarded management of 50,000 sq. ft. Atlee Shopping Center
- Broker/partner in negotiating sale of Commonwealth of Virginia lease for office building ($400,000)
- Broker for sale of Bellwood Commons Shopping Center, Leesburg, Virginia, GE Capital ($9,500,000)
- Analyzed and acquired Springer Plaza Shopping Center for ARS Investments; awarded management ($2,810,000)
- Trustee for Travelers Insurance Company ($2,200,000)
- Land sale to HOME DEPOT and Joint Venture with CBL
- Renovation of College Square in Lexington, Virginia
- Partnership formed to develop a Walgreen’s strip center